Frequently Asked Questions

There are many things you’ll want to know about being a part of our team. We can’t answer them all but we sure can try! Below you will find some of the most common questions we receive. If you have a question that’s not listed here don’t hesitate to email us!

Drivers main responsibilities include providing assistance with loading an unloading of the customers items as well as provide the delivery of their items.

All of your moves will be local. Our system will notify you when a move is scheduled near your home address. You can then choose to accept or decline it. Most moves are less than 10 miles however longer moves do get scheduled and typically pay better.

When moves are scheduled on HiredHitch.com they are entered into a queue. The nearest drivers to the pickup location are notified of an available move and can choose to accept the move. The first driver to accept the move is scheduled and the customer is notified. Because all moves are optional, you can choose if the move is a good fit for you or not. You will also be able to tell before accepting the move approximately how much you will get paid based on the customers estimate.

​You will be notified that you have been assigned as the driver of the delivery as will the customer. When it’s time for the delivery simply login to your driver portal and use our tools to complete the process. Our tools will calculate the final price, provide maps to the pickup and delivery location as well as notify the customer of progress.

Yes it is. No exceptions. We background check all prospective drivers.

You must have your own late model truck and a trailer (either open or closed) or sprinter style van that is in good working order and have proof of insurance.

All of our drivers must carry 1 million combined single limit (CSL) liability insurance on their policy. Typically this will require you to update your insurance and this could affect your premiums. We have found that your insurance premiums could increase up to $10 a month. Proof of your insurance with this coverage must be sent to Hired Hitch before you can be entered into our system.

You must have a smartphone or tablet with internet access. Either an Apple iPhone/iPad or Android will work. You will need this to get directions and process moves as well as accept payment/tip from the customer.

You must pass a background check.

All of our drivers must carry 1 million combined single limit (CSL) liability insurance on their policy. Typically this will require you to update your insurance and this could affect your premiums. We have found that your insurance premiums could increase up to $10 a month. Proof of your insurance with this coverage must be sent to Hired Hitch before you can be entered into our system.

Drivers receive 60% of the total cost of the move regardless of whether a discount code is used or not plus tip. For example, if the cost of the move is $50 before any discounts, the driver will receive $30. All discounts are taken out of the remaining 40% of the cost.

This means that promotions that are created by Hired Hitch won’t affect the amount of money you make for your time.

Like in any line of work, tips can very. However, our customers are generally pretty good tippers. We are averaging about an 18% tip.

​Every week a report is run to determine what the total amount of money collected by the driver is and then a direct deposit (or check) is processed for 60% of that amount is issued. 100% of the additional tips collected will also be included in this weekly transaction.

Direct deposits will normally be available in your bank account on Monday of each week.

Yes, you will be responsible for paying the taxes on the money you make from Hired Hitch. When applicable a 1099 will be sent at the end of each year for you to submit with your taxes.

All refunds are issued by Hired Hitch. Email the details of the refund to info@hiredhitch.com and we will deal directly with the customer.

​After you register on the website we will contact you directly, typically by email, to schedule a phone call. This call is simply to answer any questions you might have and to introduce ourselves.

After this we will need a few things from you before we can get you up and running as a Hired Hitch Driver. We will need the following:

  • Copy of your Driving Record from the Secretary of State (Michigan SOS info) You can do this at any Secretary of State location.
  • Once we receive your driving record we will send you a link to submit a background check. There is no cost to you but it is required we have a completed background check on record.
  • Once we have received confirmation of your background check we will need you to provide proof of insurance for our records.